Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Maybe My Last Day.....

We spoke to the passport office Monday afternoon. We're looking for the passport now either this afternoon or Wednesday morning. I'm trying not to get too excited but just knowing I MAY me leaving tomorrow absolutely thills me!!! The snow is melting today and it's very pleasant outside. As you see in the pics today, there was actually a river not frozen over.....and a couple kayakers enjoying the moment.
I didn't go to the orphanage this morning. I layed in bed, drank a pot of coffee and watched the one english speaking channel I can get....BBC. I'm going to have a little "Maury" time this morning and walk around....I might even go to McDonalds (What a treat)
Later this afternoon I'll go see the kids and I'm going to have a long talk with Vera and her daughter. I'd like Vera to "lay the law down" to Kol so he won't act up on trip home. The closer I get to going home, the more worried I am about making the flight with a 6yr old that doesn't understand what I'm saying. Someone up there is getting back at me for raising all that hell when I was a kid.
So, if everything goes well I should be leaving Kiev to return home on Friday. Please wish me luck.

1 comment:

Karmon said...

Hey daddy-o!!
I cant wait for you and kol to come home! It dosent seem real... hopefully the flight wont be so bad.. if it is, its simply pay back for all the hard times you have given me.. so ill be sure and tell elizabeth to tell kol to give you a very hard time! =) anyways, I will call you this evening! miss you!