Monday, January 14, 2008

Tuesday In Sumy




Today I hopefully will hear on wheather or not we have Kol's tax number yet. I'm not holding my breath but it should be ready at least by tomorrow morning. Then I understand we can pay a little extra to have the passport expidited. I'm hoping we'll be home by summer.....
This trip has been a little different for me though. There's something about traveling by yourself where you tend to meet people and really "feel" what life is like in that particular country. I did it years ago in Europe and I never thought I'd say this but I'll kinda miss this place. Don't get me wrong, Id kill for some Mexican food right now but crepes with caviar are awesome!!!
I took my i-pod and speakers to the orphanage today and the kids got a dose of Elvis and some Blues. They danced like in the movie Pulp Fiction with two fingers over their eyes.....where did they learn that!!!! It was hilarious and I'm so glad to have these memories. Kol was the only kid that really didn't dance, I couldn't tell if he was being shy or not but little does he know he's about to be part of a crazy coonass family!!!

3 comments:

Kim said...

I love you and miss you! Come home soon!

Dave said...

I can't wait to introduce Kol to Vinny. I think they may get into some trouble together! It's fun to watch your transition into fatherhood. Theresa and I can't wait to meet Kol.

junglemama said...

The kids look so cute. Your post reminds me to take some slasa when we travel. :) Hope you get the tax number soon!