Monday, January 21, 2008

Let The Countdown Begin

The final day is getting closer. Hopefully we'll see the passport tomorrow and if so, we'll say our goodbyes then head to Kiev. I have a feeling there will be some issue....there always seems to be, but I'll remain confident and please say a prayer that all works out fine.
There has been a lot of snow in the past couple days and the roads are not icey but slippery. Beside me here at the internet cafe the cars' tires are spinning trying to get up the hill causing a bit of a traffic jam. I hope the road from Kiev to Sumy is passable as Kol's passport has to be driven from there. The roads are bad enough when dry muchless all this snow.
At the orphanage, the kids all headed outside to play. The temperature really has dropped and along with the snow, the wind picked up. Nothing stops the kids though and they still laugh, wrestle, pull and ride sleds. It was honestly too cold for me and I tried to huddle out of the wind but still froze. A few of the women gave me a bad time but I didn't care, it was self-survival. They actually love this kind of weather.....give me the sun and palm trees any day.
I can't believe it's getting so close to us coming home. There are some things I'll always remember about Sumy. What an adventure this has been. I hope though, I can live the rest of my life and never hear russian rap music again or see a russian guy with cornrowed hair and blingbling around his neck shooting some hand signs. Trust me, the first couple times it's hilarious but they love their music videos here and it's become a nightmare!!! At least I have a new Halloween costume....

No comments: