Sunday, January 20, 2008

Sunday - Bath Day!!!!

I awoke this morning to a beautiful snowfall. While there was little traffic, I walked a block away to see some of the scenery covered in snow. It's really nice because the snow covers the potholes and fith, then you get a chance to see what the city SHOULD look like. It really doesn't seem to feel as cold as yesterday and I feel like a kid running around a making a fool of myself in the snow.
As I walked up to the orphanage I see most of the kids outside playing on their sleds and continuously laughing. Of course as Papa approaches I'm pelted with snowballs!!!! I had to be the horse and pull all the sleds as fast as I could until the horse almost had a heart attack. They always have so much fun and it's great to hear the laughing.
Vera is absolutely incredible with these children, she's more than a caregiver to them as I see how the caregivers act around the kids. Vera is the mother they don't have. They also listen to everything she tells them as they know what they can get away with when someone else watches them.
So Vera rounded them all up, brushed the snow off of clothes and everyone marched upstairs and started shedding clothes......BATH TIME!!!!! It only comes once a week and trust me, when Saturday arrives they smell like little skunks. The only thing that seems to slip by is the kids brushing their teeth. You see many of the kids with filthy teeth or some with rotted baby teeth. Their breath makes you want to Yak. I can only stay on Kol to get him to brush his and I brought a battery operated Spiderman toothbrush for him when I finally get him permanately....I can't wait!!!!

No comments: