Friday, November 23, 2007

Hopefully we will have all of the results back from the medical evaluation today. If all goes well, we will finish the paper work next week and be back in the US!!! Everything is going well... just very slow. The city of Sumy is on the Russia border and has about 300 thousand people. I think they all live in the same apartment complex... It looks like the Bronx of NYC here. It is really amazing how they live. It is a very simple life. It makes me appreciate the 'comforts' of home!

Yesterday was hard for me mentally.. the first Thanksgiving without Maury's Dad, my Dad or Kyle and Karmon. It was sad, but turned out okay with a visit to the orphanage and pizza with friends.

I hope my sisters are picking up my slack shopping on black Friday today. I think this is the first time I have missed Starbucks the shopping in years. I will try to make up for it later (ha).

Well, we miss you all. If everything goes well today, we will start teaching Kolya (Cole-ya) the names of his sister and brother and many cousins (Marina, your name should be easy!!).

Take care, we love and miss you!
Kim

1 comment:

TVRS said...

Kim, please tell me Maury bought the hat. Glad to hear things are progressing with . You guys are in our thoughts and prayers. Thanks for sharing your trip.

Tim, Vicki, Rayn & Sarah