Friday, November 30, 2007

FRIDAY!!!!!

Friday again.....

We are still here! Of course, our highlight of the day is visiting Kolya and the rest of the kids and stopping by the internet cafe (now known as Ukraine's "B.O." capital) twice or more times a day to do a little work.

We had a really nice visit with Kolya yesterday. He seems to be settling in to the fact that we will be his parents (hopefully) one day soon. We bought fake finger nails for Natasha and Anina and candy for the boys. They had a ball putting them on. We also showed them some underwater video clips of one of our scuba trips. They were amazed (I think the caregivers were too).

Hopefully we will go to court the early part of next week. Wednesday is our court date but we are trying to get it moved up (which obviously doesn't matter because we have tried everything we know to rush the process since we arrived). At the latest, we will be home Friday (oh, sweet home!).

I had to jump in a taxi and go to the internet cafe last night around 9:00 pm. Had a few work issues come up. Let me tell you one place you do not want to be at night in the city of Sumy.. that would be at the internet cafe. Maury wasn't with me... I was the only female in the bunch. Experiences, experiences. Thank goodness, with the help of my 'right arm' Sephanie, I was able to do what I needed to do and get back to the hotel.

We have been spending a lot of time with our new friends (now family) that are adopting a boy named Sergey/Austin. They should be leaving for good Wednesday. They have been here over a month. They are very nice people. She is a teacher and he is in public relations. They have two girls at home.

We went to the market yesterday. The market is the place everyone shops.. No malls here Karmon. You can find everything from clothing, to food, to pickled pigs feet. I will attach some pictures from the market.

Today we plan on visiting Kolya, stopping by the market and stopping by the internet cafe. Oh, I guess that is our plan everyday!

Mom said they want to put up her Christmas tree. She didn't want to do it unless I was there. Like Thanksgiving, this will be the first year in my life I haven't put up Mom's Christmas tree with her, Dad and the rest of the family. I guess it is a year full of first!

Maury said he can not wait to tell you all about Olga. I know you all want to know!!! Pretty funny stuff!


Hope everyone is doing good. We love you and miss you!
Kim, Maury and Kol

1 comment:

TexasSwede said...

Does the bottled mineral water taste like clorine, and have a thin layer of mud in the bottom, like the ones I got in Lenigrad in 1987? :-)

It's Friday afternoon, and I am leaving work in 2 hours. Hope you guys have a great weekend!
You said you will hopefully be home next Friday, will Kolya (if everything works out well) be able to come with you then?